The Friends of the Railroad, Inc. is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit organization incorporated in 2008 with headquarters in Victor, NY.
Since the 1840s, Victor has been served by two railroads and a high-speed interurban trolley line. The first, the Auburn & Rochester Railroad, later owned by the New York Central Railroad (NYCRR) and renamed the Auburn Branch opened in 1841; the Lehigh Valley Railroad – Buffalo Division opened in 1892 and the Rochester & Eastern Rapid Railway opened in 1904.
Today, Finger Lakes Railway (FGLK) continues years of railroad service and tradition in Victor on the former Lehigh Valley Railroad as well as sections of the original Auburn Branch of the NYCRR.
Friends of the Railroad, Inc partners with FGLK to provide annual Santa Train excursions for the joy and delight of families and friends of all ages – young and the young at heart.