The Rochester & Eastern Rapid Railway Trolley Station and grounds need work early in 2015 to prepare it for the dedication next summer.
There are several community organizations we need to thank and acknowledge. We are most indebted to the Fishers Fire District for permitting us to locate the station on District property. They have been very supportive of our efforts while working on and maintaining this tangible piece of our local history. We also thank Victor Parks and Recreation for their help with preparing the site. We thank Victor Hiking Trails for assisting with clearing the site and allowing us to share the trolley station with everyone who uses the Auburn Trail.
Items that need to be finished at the trolley station before the grand opening this summer:
- Complete repairs to the siding.
- Install windows and protective shields.
- Finish and install door, hinges and locks.
- Finish exterior paint.
- Add and finish grading gravel around building.
- Clean interior, fabricate/install bench, and finish floor.
- Order/Install information panels inside.
- Install interior displays/fixtures.
- Order/install exterior signs.
- Cleanup and remove any materials, tools or debris.
Please contact Joel Richter at 585-924-5718 for further information.